The #InSolidarity Library is an opportunity for students to look on the brighter side of things. Despite many of the negative trends, policies and practices we discuss throughout the course, there are a number of organizations working to make things better. For this assignment, students are asked to identify and investigate one local organization working to address an issue(s) relevant to class.
First, choose a topic that we have discussed this semester, or that we will be discussing in the coming weeks.
Second, find a local non-profit, community-based or faith-based organization or initiative that is addressing that issue in an innovative, interesting and/or effective way.
Third, write a 250-500 word summary (see format below).
DELIVERABLE: Post a 400-700 word summary about the organization and the issue it address to the course blog using the following format:
- Title = the name of the organization/initiative you choose
- Image of organization logo.
- 1 paragraph that introduces the organization you selected and the issue they address
- 1-2 paragraphs about what you find innovative, exciting and/or effective in how this organization addresses this issue. Make sure you hyperlink the organization’s name to their website.
- Could this effort be applied to some other form of inequality we have discussed in class.
- You must categorize this post as 1) Extra Credit, 2) #InSolidarity Library, 3) Issue: XX (same topical categories as blog posts)
- You must include at least 3 tags for your post.
If you fulfill each of these requirements, you can earn up to 3 points.