A few reminders:
- Everyone should have posted their Reflection 1 to the course blog. Those of you who haven’t done so should have received an email from me, and should get in touch with me about any issues you’re having. I will give you until the end of the week to post it.
- Our first round of Blogging and Commenting begins on Friday. Make sure you know if you are supposed to be blogging. Comments are due by 12noon on Sunday. If you are posting a blog, I encourage you to share it with friends and family through your social media outlets to see if we can get an outside readership this semester. Will make the discussions more interesting perhaps.
- There is no reading due next week. This is a good opportunity to get caught up, for those of you who may need to do so, and a good opportunity to take a break or get ahead for those of you who are on track. I also encourage you to go back to the poverty perspectives articles and make sure you have a clear idea of the various perspectives on ‘why poverty exists in society’ because…
- In class on Monday 9/18/17, you will be working in your groups to complete the Poverty Debate Assignment. These are due by Friday 9/22/17 at midnight. Note: Some of you will also be responsible for posting blogs that evening – please plan accordingly.
- There is no class on Wednesday 9/20/17.
- Reading in two weeks is on Historical Development of Cities – this history can be complex, in general and because many of us have an aversion to history. One trick is to try to make a timeline as you read, that tries to mark out some of the historical trends in urban development (more specifically housing and economic policy). Note: There are two readings on Blackboard for this week.